Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Not Unlike A Roller Coaster

The trajectory of a semester is not unlike a roller coaster. The first few weeks are marked by a sense of anticipation. The syllabi reveal your professors' expectations, and the opportunity arises to meet a few new people. Yet, before long the peak of the track lies just before your horizon, the buzzer sounds, and the race is on. Exams and papers pull your life in different directions like the gravitational forces from dips and turns, and there is always one assignment that inevitably throws you for a loop. In my mind, the closest connection between the university semester and a roller coaster adventure is the brevity of the ride. It might seem frightening at the moment, but before you know it you find yourself getting up from your seat.

This past weekend was the first real dip or turn of my semester, and thankfully I have not derailed, at least not yet. I had a paper due and a test to write yesterday (Monday), and I have another test tomorrow. With that being said I better get cracking with my "Deutschlernen".

Tschüss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: