Sunday, February 13, 2005

kickin' it with the kids

This week was my second opportunity to help out with the Sunday School program at Central Church of Christ. The regular teachers have been in great need of some relief from the many hours they have poured into this program, so I am filling in on a regular basis (about every four weeks or so). I must say that I genuinely enjoyed myself. Not only did I have a chance to act like a kid, as if I really need an excuse, the children really seemed to be learning the material we were presenting to them. Our theme was the Parable of the Sower, and by the end of our time together all the children were explaining the significance of the different kinds of soil, and some of them also seemed to express a genuine desire to be "good" receptive soil. It is a great feeling to know I have done something lately that has made tangible difference, no matter how small it might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: