Thursday, April 20, 2006

this is crazy

I as taking "study break" yesterday and the craziest thing happened. I was playing a computer game, then all the sudden I heard a loud "snap" from inside my computer followed by a rattling noise. I immediately shut my computer down and opened it up. I couldn't believe my eyes; my CD had exploded inside my disk drive!




I had never heard of anything like this happening before, but I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he confirmed that this is not outside the realm of possibility. I am so shocked, because CDs are not easy to break and I have no idea what could have caused this. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to stop playing video games and I need to get studying!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
good thing we burned that disk before hand

4/20/2006 9:07 p.m.  
Blogger Greg Silver said...

I have a brand new box of Star Craft at home (never installed) - I should try it out. Is it any good?

I suspect your disk probably had a microscopic crack that came from manufacturing and when it was spinning it just became weaker. Do you have a 52X CD-ROM?

4/21/2006 3:33 p.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

I really like starcraft, a little too much perhaps. I really like the 3rd person gameplay style. It is almost like a "real time" version of risk.

I have a regular 52x speed CD-ROM RW. It think I am going to have to replace it though, because the tray will not stay closed. I think there might be a couple of small pieces still stuck in there. The main thing for me is that the hard drive is okay, because I would hate to lose everything I have on it, and it has been a while since I did a back up.

4/22/2006 10:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: