Saturday, February 19, 2005

calgary this weekend

Wesla and I are in Calgary this weekend, and let me tell you it is great to have a little bit of a change of pace. About a month ago I was asked to share a message at Oak Park Church of Christ, and so here we are. About five years ago I interned here under John Nicholson. It was a great experience, although I must confess a little on the sheltered side. However that is difficult to avoid when you are taking part in a part-time internship. I am a little nervous about speaking at Oak Park; first of all, because it has been so long since I have been to a worship service there and I am not completely sure what to expect; and second, I can't help but wonder how much I have really grown in my ability to deliver a message from the last time I spoke at this congregation. Well, that is enough of my insecure ramblings...

Last night Wesla and I stayed with John and Karen and we had a great time catching up. Wesla and I are also hoping to catch up with a few old friends this afternoon, if we have the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: