Saturday, October 22, 2005

american history mid-term

I am really enjoying my American History class, it seems to be filling in so many of the blanks in my mind concerning the historical roots of American ideology - including many of the differences of opinion within the nation of America. However, the disadvantages to a survey course such as this is two fold: many of the subjects cannot be addressed in detail, and the volume of material covered has the potential to be overwhelming.

Our midterm on Monday will test us on all the events from the establishment of the Chesapeake and New England colonies in the early 17th century to the end of the American Civil War. I type all of my notes with my laptop in class and I have in the neigbourhood of a 100 pages of notes to review. The one true saving grace for this course is that the Final is non-cumulative.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the U.S. for so long them immgrating to Canada 5 years ago, gives insight to just how America infected its people with cretain "thoughts." What's good about looking at another's history from outside the country gives us the ability to see things for what they really are.

You don't have the slant of American thinking to sway your education, and the fact that you are an adult! I've learned many things about my former homeland looking down from above the northern border.

I am sure you've got alot of notes, I took Canadian History this past summer and It was a monster! it's difficult to regurgitate dates and places - hopefully the test will have questions phrased in a way that info-recall will be useful.

Jeremy

10/22/2005 6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: