Monday, July 24, 2006

lady in the water

I am a real M. Night Shyamalan fan and I always look forward to the release of his films, and Lady in the Water was no exception. While I enjoyed the film, I must confess that I was a little disappointed - particularly with the ending of the film. Don't worry, I won't give anything away with this post...

I enjoyed the unique story behind the film, the humour (the most I recall seeing in a Shyamalan film), and the character development. I will not go into details about my dislikes, but in the end I really was not a fan of how the film ended - without question this was the most predictable of all the Shyamalan films.

My ranking of Shyamalan films ranks as follows:
1. Sixth Sense -it started it all, and it blew me away the first time I saw it
2. The Village - The story at face value is a little better than average, but when viewed in an allegorical light it is brilliant.
3. Unbreakable - A close third. A cool concept and and a sweet twist at the end.
4. Signs - A distant fourth. I like Mel Gibson, but he was not good enough to redeem the alien plot.
5. Lady in the Water - My feelings might change about this after I see the film again, but at this point it resides at the bottom of the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: