Monday, September 25, 2006

this is who i am

This is a cheesy little assignment that I had to do for one of my education classes, but it turned out to be a pretty accurate portrayal of myself, so I thought I would post it on my blog. I am not usually one for poetry, so please bear with my ways...

I am a husband, a student, a brother, and a son
I am a sojourner whose journey has only begun
I am the northern prairies of my childhood home
I am a view of the Rockies and Calgary’s Saddledome


I am a magnifying glass focusing sunshine rays
I am a study break clearing heads that are dazed
I am a hammock swinging between shady trees
I am a prayer of faith whispered in the breeze

I am a footnote dangling below the text
I am the curious voice wondering, “What comes next?”
I am a buzzing string on the bridge of a guitar
I am a letter from a friend who has journeyed afar


I am the crest of a wave breaking on the Great Lakes’ shore
I am a skeptic’s question continuously searching for more
I am a yellow highlighter running across the page
I am a message delivered from a podium on a stage


I am the blade of a plow turning once hardened soil
I am a late night study session burning midnight oil
I am a stiff cup of coffee, steaming and hot
I am the product of reason from which I was wrought


I am a coolie on the bank of the Old Man River
I am a teacher in training learning to deliver
I am a husband, a student, a brother, and a son
I am a sojourner whose journey has only begun

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

9/26/2006 12:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely done

9/28/2006 9:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: