Wednesday, February 23, 2005

a good weekend

Calgary turned out to be a great experience this past weekend. Wesla and I had the opportunity to catch up with many old friends, and it was great to be a part of the worship service at Oak Park. It has been a while since I have preached two services in one morning, one at nine and the other at eleven, I was totally bagged by the time the morning was done, but it was a good kind of tired. The first service is a bit more traditional in worship style, whereas the second one tends to be more upbeat. There were also more people at the second service, which made it much easier to connect with the congregation from the pulpit. My message in the first service was a little over twenty minutes long, which is on the short side for their standards, and so I was able to flush thing out a little more in the second service where I spoke for about thirty minutes or so.

Wesla and I stayed with John and Karen Nicholson, and they were such an encouragement to us. We also had a chance to catch up with Shannon Wall, Steve and Miranda Wolfram, and Chris and Esther Thompson. Seeing all these old friends again made me realize how much I really have missed all these folks over the past five years or so.

Monday was also an eventful day for us. For 'Family Day' we went to Turtle Mountain, which is about 150 km or so straight west of Lethbridge. Later that evening we also had an opportunity to visit with Gary and Alice Hatt. Gary used to be a professor at Alberta Bible College, and now he is pastoring a small church in Montana. We have not seem them since our days in Bible College, it was great to "touch base" as Gary would say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: