Wednesday, July 13, 2005

391 days too long

I have mixed feelings about the end of the NHL lockout. On one hand I am elated, because I really did miss watching the Edmonton Oilers beat the Calgary Flames; but then again, I can't believe it has taken this long to come to come up with an agreement that doesn't look all that different than countless proposals that could have saved the 2004/2005 season. It is difficult to pick sides in an argument between billionaire owners and millionaire players, especially in light of the fact that the fans are the real losers in the end. Ultimately, I am just glad to see that we are going to have hockey this fall.

I must confess that there is one potential situation that will get me very excited about the coming NHL season, if the Oilers win the draft lottery and pick Sidney Crosby in the first round. It might almost be like taking a trip back to the mid-80s.






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "Money, People and Personality issues" clouded the ending of the lockout.

I think and I hope, that players return to the game, for the Love of it, and the bringing back of tradition to the fans.

We may never see the kind of money they do and have, BUT At the end of the day, it's all about the love of the game, not how much money you make.

Maybe they players will come back with a new appreciation of humility and play for the fans.

You know, Canadians will be in the stands anyway, U.S. sports fans are a different bunch of people.

When I lived in Miami, the attendance of fans at games either made or broke team franchises. and they are as fickle as the rain.

I believe that Canada will forgive and this Winter will be exciting. Reports here in Montreal are exciting to say the least tonight.

Jeremy

7/13/2005 5:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this "NHL" you speak of?

7/13/2005 10:17 p.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

I also hope the players come back for the love of the game.

Jeremy, being from Florida how did you feel about the Lightning winning Lord Stanley's Cup?

7/14/2005 4:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: