Tuesday, June 14, 2005

i guess i'm it

Jayson laid a tag down on me a couple of days ago, now here I am trying to catch up with things...

How many books do I own?

I have a little over 300 books, and Wesla has about that many again

Last book I bought?

Fiction: Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (second hand)
Non-Fiction: Paris: 1919 by Margaret MacMillan

Last book I read?

The last book I read was Digital Fortress, I am still working on Paris: 1919.

5 Books that meant a lot to me (in no particular order)?

1. The Message paraphrased/translated by Eugene Peterson. I constantly find myself going back to his quasi-translation in my devotional reading.

2. The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. This is a book where the testimony of a man's life gives extra credance to the words he placed upon the written page.

3. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. These are remarkable works of fiction that inspire the mind and stir the soul.

4. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It is not so much the content of this book, or its theme that makes it so engagin to me, but rather the way it is written; every time I pick it up I am unable to put it down until I am finished.

5. Tale of the Tardy Oxcart by Charles Swindoll. This is a book of engaging, interesting, and funny sermon illustrations that have saved my butt on more than one occasion. There are many illustration anthologies out there, but this one, in my opinion, is one of the best.

I am sending out tags to: Greg & Estelle ... you it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Thompson said...

Hmm... I thought I was the only closet Dan Brown fan... whenever I bring up in my writer's group, I get yelled down as a sell out.

Tales of the Tardy Oxcart... that was a gift to me in my first year of ministry, and I am kind of ashamed to admit how many times I used it...

6/20/2005 5:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: