Friday, March 11, 2005

its been way too long

It seems hard for me to conceive, but I have found it even more difficult to find regular time to exercise as a full-time student than I did when I was working as a pastor. Most likely this is all in my head. I have used every excuse in the book in the last eight months to avoid going to the gym (or physical activity of any kind for that matter). For those of you who know me well you are aware of my frugal (or shall we say cheap?) side. As a U of L student I pay for a gym membership as a part of my student fees, and it is very unlike myself to pay for something and not use it. Wesla has reminded me of this fact on more than one occasion, but she has been unable to motivate me to join her in going to the gym.

All this changed yesterday. Wesla got me off my lazy behind. She didn't want to hear about all the homework I had to do, or how tired I was, or that I was hungry and I hadn't eaten supper yet. I was told to get something to eat, to get changed, and to come with her to the gym, and she was not going to accept any other response. And believe it or not, when the workout was done, I actually felt a little better about myself. Now let's just see if I can turn this isolate event into a bit of a habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex: